Connect the CCTV male DC Jack – Previously, we made a guide to connecting the CCTV BNC connector to the RG cable. And this is the correct way to connect the Male DC Jack to the RG power cable.
How to connect a Male DC Jack?
Male DC Jack is an important component in CCTV cameras, especially in analog CCTV cameras. This component supplies DC electric current to the CCTV camera. So that you don’t make the wrong connection, here is how to connect the CCTV Male DC Jack properly and correctly.
Connect the CCTV Male DC Jack
Even though we have connected the male DC jack thousands of times, we also often experience errors. This error will prevent the CCTV camera from turning on. Therefore, we want to pay attention to the correct way to connect the male DC jack.
Tools and Materials.
- Cutter Knife.
- Male DC Jack.
- Cable Tape.
- RG59 or RG6 Coaxial Cable with power.
Connect Male DC Jack to the RG power cable.
- Open the power cable using a cutter knife.
- You can see two colors of cable, red for positive and black for negative.
- Open the red and black cables until you find the copper cable.
- Loosen the bolt on the male DC jack using a screwdriver.
- Insert the red cable into the positive mark on the DC male jack and the black cable into the negative mark.
- Tighten the bolt using a screwdriver.
- Wrap the connection using cable tape to protect the cable from water splashes.
Step by step with pictures.
You have connected the Male DC Jack. Then you can try plugging it into the Female DC Jack on the CCTV camera.
Especially for the male DC jack, it is only connected to one end of the cable. This is different from the CCTV BNC connector which must be connected to both ends of the cable. You can read how to connect the BNC CCTV connector to the RG cable.
You need to pay attention not to reverse it when connecting the cable to the Male DC Jack. It will cause damage to the CCTV power supply and the camera will not turn on.
Very easy right?
Now it’s your turn to try it by following the guide above. That’s how to connect the Male DC Jack to the RG power CCTV cable. Hope it is useful.